There is a saying that hindsight is 20 /20 that always turns out to be true. Many students who prepare for the NEET exams do not do well due to certain mistakes at their end. Some of them may have obtained good marks in JEE main mock test free online but cut a sorry figure at the main stage of an exam. Let us try to prevent these errors and rectify it so that you do not commit it all over again.
- Not sticking to the syllabus of NEET- The exam of NEET is not going to ask you any questions that is out of the syllabus. When you are preparing for the exam it is easy to taper off the tangent and study things that do not have any resemblance to the syllabus. This is going to lead over to a big wastage of time and effort. So you need to ensure that you are spot on with your JEE syllabus and do not mug up any unwanted stuff
- Not sticking to a time table- as already discussed preparing for a NEET exam is not a sprint but it is a marathon. So it is vital that you pace yourself properly. There is no point where you study for two nights in a rough and keep away from books for the next 5 days. Dedicated effort needs to be there every day and results are bound to emerge over a period of time.
- Not giving equal importance to all the subjects- Some students commit the mistake of focussing on the pet subject or reversing the topics that they are familiar with. If you are staying your comfort zone it would make it really difficult for you to face up to the exam. The key point to consider is that equal emphasis has to be given on the tougher subjects
- Being overconfident- Another mistake that you may end up making is focussing a lot on Physics and Chemistry since you are good at it. You may end up neglecting Maths since this is an area of concern for you. NEET mock test papers suggests that you pay equal attention on the topics and subjects. It would be better if you create a time table that gives equal importance to all the subjects and keep practicing the concepts regularly. Adopting such a stance will ensure that there are no surprises in the days to come.
- Not looking for any form of help- While preparing for JEE exam self- study is of utmost importance. But it is not a wise move at your end to study without seeking out any help from a teacher or a coaching centre. If you live in a small town and travelling a considerable amount of distance is a challenge you can focus on online coaching classes that has come up in a big way.
- Purchasing a lot of reference books- The students who enrols for a coaching class ends up purchasing a lot of reference books. A switch between the various books can be confusing and consumes a lot of time. It is always suggested that you formulate a strong conceptual understanding and hand pick only a few selected books for your reference. There is no point of turning your home into a library and it is suggested that you purchase books that would be of help.
- Forgetting to take stock of your performance- When you are working towards building a strong foundation, do not forget to analyse your performance. The mock tests help you to interpret your performance and this gives an idea about the exam pattern. Once you observe the mistakes and understand which are the areas where you are going wrong. The moment you not down the mistakes there is less possibility of things go wrong.
- Ignoring the mental and physical side of things- Do take some time off for leisure activities and do not indulge in studies all the time. Be it any form of exercise it can refresh your mind. Sleep is also important. If you avoid distractions like TV or social media then you can devote a lot of time for students.
- Being a lot harsh on yourself- Yes the JEE is an important exam, a lot of students fail to cope up with the mental pressure of the exam. It is important that you stay calm and approach the exam with a degree of purpose. There may be instances where negative feelings may come up to your mind, but you need to approach the exam with a positive point of view.
Platforms like Infinity Learn have subject matter experts who guide you about the exam preparation in details. Just drop them an email and they will contact you at the earliest.