Since GTA V’s first release early in 2013 tens of thousands as well as a plethora of modifications have been made to support the game. The mod community is among the most enthusiastic gamers and that’s the case for every Rockstar Games creation. But considering GTA V is the studio’s most popular release to date, it’s understandable that GTA V would have the most mod-friendly support.
One of the biggest issues that gamers face when playing mods is figuring out how to upload and configure them to ensure they function in game. It can be a bit confusing for players who may not be the best at technology. Additionally, there’s the problem of determining which modifications to download in 2022 nearly year after GTA V initially launched. Below, players will be able to see the exact steps to download mods for GTA V and which ones they should first consider installing.
Downloading Mods in GTA V
Before players are able to decide the mods to install, they must be aware of the best way to download the mods. It is important to note that players are only able to use mods when playing in single-player mode, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the use mods in GTA Online. If players try to join GTA Online with mods enabled the game will be at risk of being banned.
There are a variety of steps involved in download mods for GTA V. The first part of the process is described below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Download the application from your browser, and then follow the installation instructions the application provides.
- Once the installation process is complete, open OpenIV, and then select Windows on the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue, and then click the Tools box that is located on in the upper taskbar on OpenIV
- Choose ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. If you are prompted, select Yes.
What this procedure provides is the ability for downloading and managing their GTA V mods. The players can launch the OpenIV application anytime to monitor how their mods are doing, deinstall them, or alter the mods. The next step of the process is to find physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Go to: GTA 5 mods – Best Modding
- Select a mod you want to download. You can pick a particular class of mods from the menu on the site
- Once a mode has been chosen Click on the box, and then click the green Download button.
- Some mods will download the .rar extension file into your internet browser, while other redirect you to the Github page that will show the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If mods download as .rar file, you’ll require another program for opening it like 7-Zip File Manager. It is available through the Microsoft Store
- When your .rar files are opened you’ll likely get a ReadMe document that you can open in Notepad. It will provide you with instructions on how you can download the mod
- If the mod is listed found on the Github page and you want to download the latest version, then download it. The mod will be downloaded in a zip file that you have to extract to a different location on your computer.
- After you have extracted the files After the files have been extracted, copy then paste them to the Mods folder on the system’s GTA V game directory. This is the exact directory you specified in the path to the files for the OpenIV application.
- Then, launch GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of the file to GTA V’s GTA V directory or followed the instructions to open the .rar file
Although this procedure covers general mods available for download, there are mods that utilize scripts. This requires a second mod, called Script Hook for it to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and then extract the contents to another file on your computer.
- Cut and copy the contents of the file in the GTA V game directories. GTA V, but don’t put them in a specific folder.
- Create a new folder within the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose the script mod you want to download (these typically are marked with .net)
- Unzip the Mod file then extract it again.
- Paste and copy the content of your file to the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure that you follow the instructions for the mod’s use from the creator. These directions is available in the best-modding.com page about the mod
When all the actions are done Once all of those steps are completed, players can begin to use mods at their own discretion after which they can begin to use mods GTA V. Read more content like this in our website.