The cake is the most loved dessert. It is loved and appreciated by everyone irrespective of age. Whether its birthdays, anniversaries, parties or Christmas, our priority is cake. Celebrations feel incomplete without cake. These days there are a variety of options available in the market for cake. Even personalized cakes are also available. Bakeries have opened like mushrooms and nowadays even online bakeries are available that offer online cake delivery. But nothing can replace the taste of a homemade cake. Everyone at least once desires to bake a cake on their own. But the process of baking a perfect cake is tedious. It’s not that easy to operate a microwave or oven and that’s why people end up buying from the market. But today we have made this whole process of baking a cake one step easier for you by replacing the microwave with a cooker. This is the most convenient way to bake a cake. So if you want to surprise your loved ones by making a cake on their special occasion then here is the recipe for you.
3/4 cup of plain flour
3/4 tsp of baking soda (soda bicarb)
1/4 tsp of salt
3 tbsp of cocoa powder
3 tbsp of butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 tsp of vinegar or lemon juice
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Take a bowl and mix flour, salt, baking soda together and whisk them to combine well.
- Put it aside until needed.
- Take another bowl and mix butter and sugar to make the cream. Whisk them properly until it comes together. You can use a manual whisker for the same.
- Add the egg in it and beat them again until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Now add water and cocoa powder to this mixture and blend it well.
- Add vinegar or lemon juice and vanilla to this mixture and mix them again.
- Now add milk gently into the mixture.
- Now add the flour mixture that was prepared earlier to this mixture in two parts. Do not overmix them at this stage. Mix it well until the batter becomes lump-free.
- Now grease a cake pan with butter and pour the batter into it.
- Tap the cake pan carefully to remove the air bubbles from the batter.
- Preheat the pressure cooker by placing a tray or plate inside it. Close the lid and let it on the flame for a while.
- Heat on medium flame for about 2 minutes till the cooker gets hot
- Now put the cake pan on the tray in the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid and keep the flame very low.
- Cook it for about 40-45 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to check whether the cake is completely baked or not. If the toothpick comes out clean then the cake is baked completely. If not, leave it for a few more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the cooker and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Now invert the pan on a plate after it cools.
- Frost it according to your preference and your cake is ready to be served.
Things to remember-
- Do not use water in the cooker.
- Always use a tray or stand in the cooker so that heat spreads evenly.
- Do not overheat the cooker.
- Be careful while using a pressure cooker while baking a cake. Follow all the safety measures.
I hope you liked and found the article helpful. So what are you waiting for? Go and bake the cake for your family and loved ones. You can give your cake with flowers as a gift to your loved ones. These days you can send flowers to India from the UK.