A platform bed is the one that features a base that has a raised and leveled rectangular horizontal frame with wooden slats so that enough support can be extended to the mattress. Considering that on average you sleep for 8 hours per night, your bed seems to be the most functional piece of your bedroom. A platform wooden double bed is not only stylish but is also a versatile option that supports both your mattress and aesthetics.
Platform beds are becoming popular for their contemporary look.
A platform bed is a great choice for you in case you want a bed that has-
- A low-profile bed frame
- A base that is sturdy
- A bed that might not be needing extra accessories
Wood platform beds have a solid wooden surface with holes to provide airflow, support the mattress, and promote breathability. They offer a modern appearance to your bedroom and have a lower profile as compared to bulky traditional beds that need a box spring. Some platform beds come with headboards so that they can give your bed a more outstanding and prominent posture and also embrace minimalism at the same time. Here a headboard is added for appeal along with a functional footboard. No matter what kind of platform bed you go for, the bed always provides a firm and sturdy sleeping foundation.
Benefits of going for a platform bed for your bedroom
Other than the looks of the bed, there are many other benefits due to which platform beds are preferred. Some of the benefits include-
- Style- Platform beds look clean and modern because of their contemporary designs. The look is streamlined and not fussy because there are no bed skirts. In case you wish to make your bedroom look updated, you can go for a platform wooden double bed.
- Saves money- Platform beds come with a flat platform and are designed in such a way that they support your mattress. This helps you to save money in case you are planning to buy a new mattress to go on the bed. There are no uncomfortable springs that offer better rest during nighttime.
- Stability- The platform frame makes the bed more stable than other bed frames. In case you need a safe and sturdy bed, this bed is a good option for you. Since these beds are low to the ground, it helps in increasing stability. It is also a great option for short-height people. Platform beds are suited for memory foam mattresses which are popular because they are firm and offer good back support during nighttime.
- Storage space- A bed with a storage option is a kind of luxury in modern houses that have reduced in sizes. Many platform double beds come with storage drawers built under the mattress platform. Some beds have drawers on both sides of the beds. The storage options can be in the form of shelves, drawers, and cabinets. In case you put this bed in the kid’s room, this would mean that you will have more toy storage. You can keep extra bedding or out-of-season clothes in these bed boxes.
- Variety of designs- Platform beds come in a variety of contemporary designs to give your bedroom a modern look.
- Airflow- The beds are designed in such a way that they offer optimal airflow to your mattress. So that you can keep yourself cool while you are sleeping. They also prevent moisture from getting trapped inside the mattress which can further degrade the bed. Providing optimal air circulation is one of the key features of a platform bed.
Types of platform beds
There are mainly three types of platform beds-
- Solid platform bed- It has a solid base and is made up of plastic, metal, or wood.
- Metal platform beds- These beds are made up of steel or iron and they make use of a metal grid as the base.
- Slatted platform beds- These beds use wood, plastic, or metal as the base.
A platform wooden double bed is a great pick in case you are looking for a bed that comes with storage features and is compatible with all mattress types. It is also more durable than other beds and is available in different style options. You can visit any wooden furniture store and pick up the bed that matches your requirements and goes well with the theme of the room. Platform beds are affordable, light, thin, and sit lower on the ground. It is also good for older people who have mobility disabilities when coming in and out of the bed. In case you are looking for a wholesome bed, then you know which bed to go for. A platform bed delivers unmatched durability to you.